The restaurant industry is being hit hard by COVID-19 with millions of hospitality workers out of work. OpenTable is committed to supporting the restaurant community and we recognise the road to recovery will be long and difficult. That’s why we’re excited to announce two new initiatives to help restaurants successfully reopen their businesses.
First, an enhanced restaurant management platform
OpenTable’s software has always enabled restaurants to connect with diners to manage reservations, prepare for shifts, and maximise table availability. During the crisis, we have:
- Created tools for restaurants to quickly adjust their books and notify diners
- Updated our platform to showcase delivery and takeout services with partners like Deliveroo.
- Promoted gift cards and waived gift card fees for our partner restaurants
- Launched grocery pickup management tools for restaurants and stores operating under health guidelines
As we emerge from the crisis, restaurant needs will change as government restrictions and safety recommendations evolve. Locations that have never taken reservations may find themselves looking for ways to manage capacity. Others may need to adjust their floor plans to accommodate social distancing. OpenTable makes it easy for restaurants to adapt to both situations. Also, the Venga relationship management solution we acquired last year provides a complete view of loyal guests and their feedback. Finally, our digital marketing solutions let restaurants increase their exposure and drive demand when they need it most.
Second, big price cuts for 2020
These advanced features are now paired with discounted pricing to reduce the reopening costs of our customers and to encourage new restaurants to join OpenTable. Beginning in May, restaurants that sign up for our “Open Door” pricing program will enjoy:
Restaurants interested in the Open Door Program can receive follow-up information and first-access to participate here.
- No subscription fees through the end of 2020
- No cover fees through the end of 2020
- Standard subscription and cover pricing resume only in January 2021*
- Plus, we’re now introducing three subscription tiers designed to fit the needs of every location:Basic and Core.
“We’re keen to do our part to bring back the restaurants we love,” said Andrea Johnston, COO of OpenTable. “We’re also eager to welcome more locations to OpenTable’s nearly 60,000-strong restaurant community. Finally, I strongly encourage everyone across the industry to ease financial terms where possible, including landlords, taxing authorities, and point-of-sale vendors.”
For help reopening your restaurant or to join the OpenTable platform, please visit support.opentable.com.
*Restaurants must subscribe to an annual OpenTable plan through 2021 to take advantage of this offer. Standard plan subscription and cover pricing begin January 1, 2021. Covers discount valid only off list price. Early termination fees and other conditions may apply. Offer details may vary outside Australia.